April 28, 2005

Weezer's Weird World



So Weezer is coming out with a new album, which may not seem like a big deal, but it is. It's a really big deal and this is why. Rolling Stone interviewed Rivers Cuomo and we all get to find out just how fucking warped his head is. I encourage you all to read this interview in Rolling Stone to find out how sick, melodramatic, and pathetic he actually is. Its unreal. Two memorable quotes from the article:

"When that record (Pinkerton) proved less critically and commercially successful than the Blue Album, Cuomo went back into his shell. Living in a Culver City apartment building under a Los Angeles freeway, he put fiberglass insulation over the windows and hung black sheets over the insulation. Then he painted all the walls black, disconnected his phone and spent a lot of time with his pet gecko."

He gets off on deprivation. Cuomo doesn't own a car, even though he lives mostly in L.A. ("I don't have a parking space," he says, by way of explanation). He rarely listens to music. But one song he cued up recently was Kiss' "Goin' Blind": "Little lady, can't you see/You're so young and so much different than I/I'm ninety-three, you're sixteen/ Can't you see I'm goin' blind?"

"I'm so moved by those lyrics," says Cuomo. "I can't believe they came up with that."


1 comment:

  1. Jesus, who spends 20 days in a closet?

    ReplyDelete