May 1, 2005

Conservatives are Evil


Jonathan V. Last (the online editor for the Weekly Standard who actually chooses to be represented by the above illustration) argues here that the Empire from Star Wars is good because it seeks order. I'm posting about this because when I saw this I was a bit taken aback. I'm no Star Wars expert, but I have always taken it to be a rather morally clear narrative. Mr. Last does have some trouble defending the "bad guys," but he eventually manages, justifying even the murder of an entire planet of people in the first movie. Reading this article has brought me to a new level of understanding of neo-cons and their foreign policy goals.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:22 PM

    As an insane Star Wars fan and Alpha Theta pledge, I was asked to post that the Empire in Star Wars is horribly evil and xenophobic. They destroyed an entire world (Prince Xixor's Falleen) and enslave aliens simply for being aliens (as in Chewbacca's race, the wookie). Fuck the empire. Go Alpha Theta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog does not condone hazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Obviously not an Alpha Theta pledge.

    ReplyDelete