May 26, 2005

Graduating to Music


High school graduating classes are given the opportunity to choose a class song near the time of graduation (my class and every class I've heard of that graduated in 2001 chose Vitamin C's "Graduation(Friends Forever)"). I don't know if Dartmouth offers its Senior's such an opportunity, but I would like to suggest a candidate anyway. In a move of extremely hilarious misantrhopy, I hereby nominate the Stills' "Changes Are No Good." Here are the lyrics (via lyrics007):
I wear the smile, I wear the laugh
I'm in the backstage changing heads
I am a weekday on weekends
I hate my best friends

Spoken, choked-up, punk man holds this hot drones 's, try and act adult
Like a walk-man falls to pieces, all parts no high

See me change, changes are no good... [2x]
See me change

All the world's deranged and I'm left crouched, people delayed are in a rush
I want a world but I might throw up. Will it ruin my maker?

See me change, changes are no good... [2x]
See me change...

See me change, changes are no good
See things change, changes are no good
See me change...


Image courtesy of YADA.

7 comments:

  1. Actually, ours was "Time of Your Life" by Green Day, but equally irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we didnt have any of that shit, but we did have blow up dolls and smoke bombs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:37 PM

    Ours was "Shanghai Noodle Factory"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:49 PM

    "Welcome to the Jungle"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:00 PM

    did anyone give dwyer permission tostart commenting?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bennat Berger said...
    we didnt have any of that shit, but we did have blow up dolls and smoke bombs.


    Bennat's from southern California...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:25 PM

    dude that totally wasn't me i'd pick mr. brownstone. Cause I used to do a little...

    Actually though the best grad-song would be sympathy for the devil

    ReplyDelete