May 15, 2005

Neither Insane nor Addicted, Just Overwhelmed


Time just published (exclusively online) an interview with wayward comedian Dave Chapelle. Chapelle denies rumors that he has gone to South Africa to check into a mental hospital or because of substance abuse. He is staying with a family friend and has gone to South Africa to escape some of those in his "inner circle" whose behavior towards him has changed since he signed a $50 million deal with Comedy Central. Chapelle describes the reasoning behind his departure from the U.S. as follows:

Chappelle says he is in South Africa to find "a quiet place" for a while. "Let me tell you the things I can do here which I can't at home: think, eat, sleep, laugh. I'm an introspective dude. I enjoy my own thoughts sometimes. And I've been doing a lot of thinking here."

I don't quite know how to spin this story into dissing on cons, so I'll just say this: "Fuck you, cons."

No comments:

Post a Comment