July 26, 2005

The Anti-New Yorker Caption Contest

I find the New Yorker's caption contest to be a bit too, well, New Yorkerish. The publication even brags about the similarities that often arise between winning submissions and the captions tagged to the illustrations by their cartoonists. Is this contest then too predetermined and formulaic for me to stomach? Why yes. LGB will thus offer an alternative contest that encourages people to tag the New Yorker's cartoon in a manner entirely unbefitting the style of a New Yorker cartoon caption. I'll start:


Let's fuck.

Image courtesy of you know who.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:02 PM

    "I enjoyed reading your email."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:33 PM

    How about you shove the racquet up my ass while I tickle your balls with my antennae?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:53 AM

    By-the-by, that last comment was Patrick Gibbs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:43 PM

    wow! the Crawford sex emporium has a really wide selection.

    ReplyDelete