September 16, 2006

Vox the Vote—Alumni Constitution

The website is here, and voting started yesterday, but I would ask that if you are not completely sure which way you will vote, that you take your time and not vote right now. Voting lasts until the end of October, and I'm guessing that, as tense as things are right now, there will probably be some events during this block of time which could make you wish you voted differently.

Additionally, I'm working on, but am waiting to publish, my argument about the Constitution. While I do not expect it to do very much, I think it may offer a very different perspective on the whole thing which is missing from the discourse.

Ultimately, I'd like to ask anyone who has a vote not to use it in a knee-jerk manner, but at least to familiarize yourself carefully with the arguments that have been presented and the history of alumni involvement at Dartmouth. Unfortunately, this constitution business, which should be a pretty simple matter, does potentially have rather large ramifications, and it is important to get this right.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:42 PM

    Tense is not the word, a banner advertising the voting dates and web site for balloting was torn down from the front of Blunt Alumni Hall Friday night.

    ReplyDelete