>From: "Keiselim A. Montas, Interim Director of Safety and Security"
>Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:55:13 EST
>Subject: Safety and Security Crime Alert
>To: Undergraduates in Residence:;, Tuck Students:;, Thayer Students:;, DMS Students:;, Arts and Sciences Graduate Students:;, All Faculty:;, All Staff:;
The Department of Safety and Security issues Crime Alerts to inform the
Dartmouth College Community of any incident which may potentially pose a threat
to the safety and security of Campus community members.
We encourage all community members to take an active role in crime prevention
by staying informed and taking personal safety precautions.
A female student living in an off campus apartment near campus reported that on
November 14, 2009 at approximately 3:20 AM she awoke in her bedroom to find an
unknown male standing near her masturbating. The woman yelled and the suspect
fled. Hanover Police and Dartmouth Safety and Security responded.
The suspect is described as a male, six feet tall wearing a baseball hat.
This incident is under investigation by Hanover Police.
CRIME PREVENTION TIPS:
The following safety tips are designed to help you take charge of your own
* Always be alert and aware of your surroundings.
* Lock your door when you are at home, lock your door when you are away, always
lock your door!
* Pull the shades to your room at night and lock your windows.
*When someone knocks on your door always ask "Who is it?" to ascertain it is
safe to open the door.
* Be wary of strangers, on foot or in cars, asking directions: It's better to
be rude than to be in trouble.
* If someone follows you, go to a place where there are other people, and call
the Department of Safety and Security immediately.
* Report any suspicious activity immediately, including anyone that makes you
* The Department of Safety and Security is available 24 hours a day, every day!
Department of Safety and Security:
Emergencies 603-646-3333 (6-3333 from Campus phones)
Non-Emergencies 603-646-4000 (6-4000)