March 6, 2007

An Emotional Rollercoaster

When I first read the campus blitz, I couldn't help but chuckle (or burst out laughing, I can't quite remember how I reacted). A very large special needs student was apparently roaming the wilds of Hanover, and in a red kilt, to boot. I couldn't quite reconcile myself with inevitably of going to hell for laughing, but I couldn't really stop laughing either. Needless to say, I felt conflicted, and it has been a trying 24 hours for me.

Today though, I read The D's update. And finally, my conscience sort of caught up with the snarky jackass in me, and I felt really awful. (Aren't you all glad I keep you posted on my emotional status?). A little detail I missed was that this kid needs daily medication, and now it appears that, despite the best efforts of H-Po's bloodhounds (note to self: H-Po has bloodhounds), he has disappeared without a trace. And that is really awful.

So it's settled now, that the mysterious disappearance of special needs child is in fact a bad thing, and I, in fact, feel quite bad. So, here's to hoping the karmic retribution for my being an ass is his swiftly being found, safe and sound. If anyone hears any updates on this, post a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment