December 8, 2009

Good-bye Fall 2009!

After finishing my linguistics gauntlet this morning, I'm back home in Upstate NY wishing you all a speedy and happy return home for the holidays. If you're still in Hanover, good luck! A storm is a-coming with snowfall estimated up to a foot.

I'll end the term with three points:

1. LGB will continue sporadically over break and will resume in full at the start of the Winter 2010 term in early January. We are looking for new contributors and editors for that term so please blitz me if you want in.

2. In addition to making the Valley News, Jim Kim's weekly campus blitz, and the Dartmouth Daily Updates, Dartmouth's soccer-gate controversy was picked up by the illustrious IvyGate.

3. The Stonefence Review just published a couple variants I wrote of William Carlos Williams's poem This Is Just To Say, the original listed below. Check them out. I promise they're good.
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

Have a great break and a happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment