- So He's That Kind of Republican: Smith wrote an article expressing some extreme skepticism about the general practice of science, sympathizes with intelligent design.
- George Will Endorses Alderson
- The NY Post on the Trustee Election: Glenn Reynolds writes a hack piece glorifying Smith.
- Trustee Voting: a few items about the actual election, and why, even if you don't agree with Wright about most things, Smith is a bad candidate for you.
- More Smith Flip-flopping on Free Speech
- Interesting Note from TJ Rodgers
- The Mega-versity Meme: responding to Dreisbach's op-ed/panic attack about Dartmouth's imminent defeat by 'bigness'
- Smith on Free Speech
- Follow the Money: discussion of The D article reporting on where campaign monies are coming in this election
- Groundhog Day: A DFP piece analyzing Smith's claims about free speech on campus
- On a Mission: on the release of the new mission statement, I talk about the utter silliness of the "Dartmouth is losing its identity" objection to the presence and even growth of grad programs.
Digging deep into the archives, here is some coverage of the last trustee election, from site founder Chris Bateman:
- The Robinson-Zywicki Agenda
- Zywicki and Robinson: Petitioning and Misleading: has a link to a great op-ed published in The D by Geoff Berlin, co-founder of Alums Online, which denounces Zywicki and Robinson.
- Dartmouth c. 2030: predicts dire things if the Robinson-Zywicki (and now Smith) agenda is enacted.
Something else: It is possible that I have never read anything as smug as this editorial of the New Criterion's, supporting Smith. I realize it's an editorial, but the way that it just assumes that the most over-the-top accusations it can put to Jim Wright are true simply because they're saying them is genuinely bracing.