- "I think the President should look across the country and find the most qualified man, woman, or minority."
- Senator Trent Lott, on Bush's potential Supreme Court nominee
- "I think with a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court, you can't play, you know, hide the salami, or whatever it's called."
-Democratic Party Chairman Howard Dean, urging President Bush to make public Supreme Court nominee Harriet Miers's White House records
- "You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that."
- President Bush, to a divorced mother of three in Omaha, Nebraska
- "When a virgin screams your name, you know you've made it."
- Kelly Clarkson, on being asked whether it was the ultimate validation when Steve Carell screamed "AhhhhhhhKellyClarkson!"
December 30, 2005
Posted by Andrew Seal at 9:43 AM