November 1, 2005

Caligam Dartmouthemque cano...

Joe Malchow provides a very convincing example of why blogging should not aspire to be poetic.
The Green, just a handful of mornings fore was overrun with frost and the entire town of Hanover with fog so thick the green spire atop Baker could not be seen from Robinson Hall. I was out at my usual time--6:30 or so--and could not resist allowing myself to think that this drastic and mercurial weather was just analogy to the political revolution as plainly afoot as the white ice on the grass.

If it is not a revolution that changes the direction of Dartmouth's academic mission, it is one that changes the system whereby that direction is decided. In either event, it comes unhaltingly and surely, and it comes to the cost of what has been popularly termed "the establishment."

But Dartmouth, as I have said, is but meek stranger to widespread and unified alumni discontent. And rhetoric, like the fog, has confused a lot of people.
Also, where did your indefinite articles go--"Dartmouth...is but meek stranger..."

??

Apologies to Vergil for the brutalization of his work for my title.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:29 PM

    You are forgiven. But not that damned Dante who split in the car with Beatrice, and ditched me.

    Vergil

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. and i get shit for the way I write.

    d-bag alert aWOOgah aWOOgah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Comically bad.

    This, to my mind, is the worst aspect of reading blogs and the Review. I read 2 paragraphs of the original post and had to stop. It was like watching someone masturbate to a picture of himself. If he dies young, they'll find him at his computer in mid-blog-post with a belt around his neck and amid rumors that you get a greater high off of your own prose when you asphyxiate yourself a bit.

    Why do you even read his stuff? I think I've only ever read it when TLGB , Dartlog or Fartlog has linked to it.

    ReplyDelete